We love cooking.
We love eating.
And we love Thai food
No surprise...Thai Cooking School was a winner! Class began with a tour of the organic garden at the back of the cooking school where we learned about some key ingredients in Thai cooking. There is now a movement afoot now to convert one of our garden beds...
Our group, which included a rowdy bunch of 20-something Kiwis who kept clamoring for beer (I'm not making this up), and several sedate vacationing couples, was charged with selecting which courses we'd prepare. Then we individually picked the dishes within those courses.
A short walk from the school was the local open air market where we learned about the different kinds of noodles, rice, and other ingredients that go into our dishes. The "boys", for whom "Chang" was one of the four food groups, made a detour to purchase this necessary ingredient!
Anna! She was an amazing teacher.
So many kinds of rice!
38 Bhat for a dozen eggs..about $1.20.
Back at the school, we began preparing...
Team Red Curry Paste!
And cooking...
And best of all, eating!









What fun! and Yum! I want to know the menu!!!
ReplyDeleteWe all made different dishes, too many to enumerate here, but one was a stir fry (with or with out noodles), another a soup and finally a curry including grinding the curry paste from fresh ingredients. They gave us a little recipe book with all our recipes and a few more, so I can share them with you if you'd like.
ReplyDeleteYes, please!
ReplyDeleteDid I ever send you the recipes from the Thai cooking school?
DeleteOK...when I get home!
ReplyDelete