Friday, November 3, 2017

Yoga for the Traveler: Part 1

Hours in the air and in the airport waiting to fly can be tough on the body and the mind.  Over the years I've cultivated and improved on an airport and airplane practice which I recently taught in several of my classes.  

I had two LONG flights this trip, so I did the Pre-Boarding practice at the first airport and the On Board practice on both planes, and it was very doable.  Several flight attendants and passengers wanted to get in on the game!  Of course, you can do other poses than what I have listed in my sequence here and may find other ways to do them.  Click the link below to access the sequence.



Let's have a little fun with this:  Announcing the Airport/Airplane Photo Contest!  

Send me a photo of yourself doing a yoga pose at the airport or on an airplane by November 26.  You can email the photo to me (rosie.richardson726@gmail.com and do let me know if it's ok for me to share it on a future blog post at the end of this journey).  I'll bring a special gift to the first 10 students who send me their entry.  For those of you who are not my students, play along anyway!  

Here are a few samples of the poses I did on the plane in that little hallway between sections.   


 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Exhale - Pranayama Week

Flying home on the 2 nd of three flights, I am engrossed in a movie (I’ll watch ANYTHING with Colin Firth) when I am pulled a...